Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Little Piece of Home

I am staying with a host family this week and living with my Aunty Des feels a little like home. It reminds me a lot of my grandma's house back in the States and it's really comforting considering we have been living in hotels and now we have home cooked meals. She even calls us her "babies", which makes Gini and I giggle every time she says it. She is a wife, a mother to two, and a grandma to three. well five including Gini and I.. She works at the Navy base and loves cooking. Which is both good and bad on my part because the food is delicious but I'm fairly sure I've gained about ten pounds just looking at her food. Every day we get to talk and she tells us a little bit about her life. We enjoy each others company very much. 

On Sunday we became VIP pass holders and had a private tour of the South Africa Navy base. This may or may not have been one of the coolest things we have ever done before! Not to mention, the tour guide was extremely good looking (in my defense, he was in uniform). Normally people are only allowed in the main area where the helicopters land, however, Gini and I were able to go up and down the decks and even see the operating room. It is definitely a once in a life time opportunity to do something like this, so I thank God for such a wonderful time with these Navy men and my family. I don't want this week to end! 

Always, Allex

0 comments:

Post a Comment