Saturday, November 10, 2012

Shenanigans

Some fun activities that have been keeping me busy over the weekends!



So ever since I could remember, my dad was a huge fan of paint-balling.. and still is I might add! I always thought it was super cool because of all the pretty colors he had for the paint balls. Yes, I am a girl so I would naturally be more attracted to the color of the paint than the actual sport itself, but I think I do deserve some points for actually participating this time. And better yet, it was extremely cheap to play in South Africa! It was a few solid hours of adrenaline pumping and almost peeing my pants moments of paint-balling. It was scary and I shot quite a few people, unfortunately I never got hit! Probably because the tires and every other stable object became my best friend, but thanks to Chris, he shot my ankle at the very end of the game because he knew how badly I wanted to get hit. I needed the real paint-balling experience, so I couldn't just walk away without getting one hit! So thank you Chris, you are a true friend :) 


We also had the opportunity to go to a water park in Durban called Ushaka! It is pretty much like a baby version of Sea World, except the ocean view is way better in South Africa, sorry San Diego. We got to see a dolphin show, go down super scary high slides that let me tell you.. give you the worst wedgies ever!, and got to relax down the lazy river. Those are usually one of my favorites. Other than that, the weather was perfect and the beaches were beautiful. Every time we visit a beach I get so nostalgic and it makes me miss home even more. Although the Pacific Ocean does not have anything on the Indian Ocean. So step it up West Coast and California.. be ready for a tanned Allex in December! 


Always, Allex


0 comments:

Post a Comment